Friday, July 30, 2010

Gettin' to the end!

Summer is almost over. For many people, this is a sad thing. Most people are sad to see the carefree days of summer turn into the stressful days of school. I am not one of those people.
I love school! Plus once you're all grown up, summer means lots of work, not lots of play.
I only have one week left at my job! I'm so very happy about this! I have a week off for a bit of a break, so I can get my house from its current state of shambles to half-way presentable. I like to start the semester with a clean house, because I know once the homework starts piling up, it's impossible to keep up on everything.
Justin's job is pretty tiring, both on him and on me. It's hard when he doesn't get home until 9 most nights, and I'm quite a morning person. I feel like I've spent the entire summer tired, because my body just can't get used to being up late. I'm excited for his job to end in a few weeks so I can go back to going to bed at 9:30!
I figure I'll post some pictures of the random things I've done here at there over the summer.. really most of my spare time has been spent at my parents, or baking. I did get a chance to go on a picnic with Justin a while back, that was quite fun!

It didn't rain that night, but the sunset sure was pretty!
Look how cute my picnic basket is! 
So, on to the baking... 

Who doesn't love cheesecake? 

Got this recipe for cake ball truffles from Bakerella - long process, but pretty and yummy! 

And from ourbestbites.com, a recipe for sugar cookies with glacĂ© icing. 

Back to non-food items, this is why I love my hubby! He lets me buy super fun shoes, and surprises me with sunflowers! 
I don't know if I've mentioned, this summer Justin and I got called to be... sunbeam teachers! A calling we get to serve in together! The kids are crack-ups, it's so fun every week! 
Well, hope that serves as a decent re-cap of our summer. The next few weeks will be super exciting and fun as I get to stop working at Goodman and Partridge, Justin can stop knocking doors, and school will start back up! I can't wait! 

1 comment:

RandiSue said...

nice recap.
So are you getting a different job or going full time student. What are you studying and how much more school do you have?
You know me, just nosy.